UWCNVI has a direct impact on the lives of people in your community.
We fund programs in three focus areas:
Community Fund Grants
Thanks to your donations, time and support, we are able to fund life-changing programs that make a real difference through our Community Partners.
United Way Central and Northern Vancouver Island's Community Fund supports programs in our three focus areas mentioned above in:
- Central Island (including Ladysmith, Gabriola, Nanaimo, Parksville, Qualicum Beach and Port Alberni)
- Comox Valley
- Campbell River
Each region has fundraising campaigns to support their local programs.
Our regional campaigns cannot happen without your support − THANK YOU.
Volunteers in each community − who remain anonymous − play an integral part in selecting the charities that are supported each year through local Impact Councils.
Programs Managed by Your United Way
United Way Central and Northern Vancouver Island also manages programs in Cowichan, Central Island, Comox Valley, Campbell River and North Island.
All that kids can be
From poverty to possibility
Healthy people, strong communities
- United Way's Better at Home: Helping Seniors Remain Independent
- United Way's Day of Caring�: Matching Businesses and Charities for a Day of Volunteering
- Vital Signs�: Measuring the Health of Our Community
United Way focuses on Community Impact
In 2003, the United Way Canada Centraide Movement launched the organization on a profound journey that fundamentally shifted United Ways from being successful umbrella fundraising organizations to a movement focused on community impact.
Community impact is about achieving meaningful, long-term improvements to quality of life in Canadian communities - addressing not just the symptoms of problems but also getting at the root causes.
It's about making fundamental changes to community conditions.
As members of a movement committed to Community Impact, United Ways Centraides all across Canada are working together and with others to amass the collective strength needed for real change to happen. Our goals are to:
- Influence public attitudes, systems and policies
- Focus on underlying causes of social issues
- Strengthen the network of services and the capacity of nonprofits and the community
- Engage the community's financial resources, influence, time, knowledge and action
By combining community engagement with priority-setting and collaborative action at multiple levels, together communities and Canada's Movement can achieve - and are achieving - lasting, measurable change.